Sunday, May 25, 2008

Day 22

One of my good friends has linked her blog to mine and given my blog the title, Julia vs. Europe. Yesterday, Europe got the best of me. I arrived in Venice and felt gross from the beginning. The place stinks. It smells so bad I haven't been able to eat much and I just want to hide from all the tourists.

At first I thought I was the one stinking. I washed all my clothes only to discover they now all stink of Venice water. I was going to stay three nights here, but I've decided to get out and go to Slovenia a day earlier than I had planned.

When I tried to get back to my hostel early evening yesterday I got misinformation on the water busses and tried to walk, but got very turned around and lost. I was in tears trying to find my hostel in this wretched stench.

For anyone who has been jealous of my travels in Europe, rest well tonight knowing that your sheets don't stink of Venice.

Julia 21, Europe 1

1 comment:

MeganBritt said...

Though I am perhaps glad to be relatively stench-free, I'm still a little jealous. In the midst of moving this weekend... Megan 1, Boxes 12 million would the right score, I think. :) I'm sure, though, that you'll continue the domination of Europe as you keep on keepin' on. You're the best, Julia!