Monday, May 12, 2008

Rhine time

Not much new here on the Rhine. Same ol' laying around in the sun by the river or watching the castles go by while taking it all in from a boat.Tomorrow I leave the Romantic Rhine and head for the Romantic Road. I'll be staying in Rothenburg, which is supposed to be a gag-me-it's-so-cute medeival looking town.

I'm hopeful that there will be more people to talk to there. St. Goar has lacked much interaction with the locals. I can see why though. The town has a population of 1,000 and it doubles or triples when the tourists show up during the day. It is pretty insane to go to bed in a sleepy town on the Rhine and then wake up to tourist central. I get the sense that the locals like the business, but aren't looking to make new friends with their customers. Perhaps Rothenburg will provide some new friends.

Until next time, Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comment:

Elliot Ritzema said...

Julia! I had no idea that you were so interested in meeting new friends who speak English on your travels. I have a friend from my days overseas who still lives in Prague. And she got an MCS from Regent in '99 or '00. Her name is Kelly. I'm not sure what she'll be doing when you're in Prague, but if you're interested, I can e-mail you her phone number.