Monday, May 26, 2008

Discouraged BUT not in Italy!

I am so relieved to be out of Italy. I am in Ljubljana, Slovania. It is beautiful country here. Tomorrow I head up to the Alps for some relaxing and fresh air.

I still feel pretty discouraged after two wretched days in Italy. My clothes won't get washed until tomorrow and just the idea of what they smell like makes me gag a little. I also didn't eat anything but bread and water for the last 48 hours until this evening when I forced myself to eat some meat. I think the smell just got stuck in my nose and has ruined my taste too.

Plus I keep finding bug bites every ten minutes or so. Must stop at the pharmacy to get some repellent.

The good news is that I am no longer in Italy with its macho men and fashionista women. (The men were pretty good fashionistas too though.) Every person I've stopped to ask for help here speak excellent English. I am very grateful for that.

I find myself discouraged on day 24 and keep coming up with escape plans to leave Europe. Praying for strength and health.

No comments: